Thursday, June 11, 2009

Home Alone...

The past few days I have been home alone with Payson because Paul went back to work on Tuesday. Other than the strict feeding schedule we have him on so he will gain weight, things have gone pretty well. We found out at Payson's doctors appointment on Monday that he had only gained 2oz. in a week, so I had a certified lactation consultant come over to help me figure out how to increase my breast milk supply. So every two hours I am feeding, pumping and then giving supplemental breast milk (from pumping) and a tiny bit of formula to Payson through a syringe (to avoid nipple preference). I am super busy, but at least my day goes by fast. Today I went to my doctor and she said my incision is healing great. I haven't taken any pain medication since last weekend either. Thank God I am a fast healer. I am also super excited to say that after only gaining 18lbs. when I was pregnant.... I have already lost 25lbs. in the past two weeks! Anyway, that is about it with updates so I hope you like the pictures.
*Payson is his car seat at my doctors appt.**His hair looks really red in this picture- but it's not that red in person*
*Daddy playing guitar for Payson.... Can you see him holding his head up?*
*Holding his head up- he has strong muscles*

1 comment:

Ann said...

I love the pics! All that breastfeeding is making you lose the weight. That is so awesome! Miss you guys!