Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Sad Day...

I really debated posting this blog, but during a time that I feel so helpless it was least I could do. Today I found out that our friend from our birth class lost her baby at 36 weeks (I will not go into details). I could never imagine what she is going through and words can not express how bad I feel for her. Having gone through a miscarriage myself I have a slight understanding of what it feels like to lose a baby, but I'm sure my experience does not compare to someone that has already found out the gender of their baby, picked out a name and filled their home with baby items. Tomorrow a funeral will be held for her baby, but I don't know if I can handle attending it. Today I have a deep sense of how fragile life is and I thank God for my healthy baby. I hope my friend finds peace in the fact that her baby girl is in heaven with her mother and God.
This blog is dedicated to:
Leila McKenzie
(I hope I spelled it right)

4 comments:

Ann said...

That breaks my heart! I am trying not to cry at work! I'll pray for that family and for the health of our babies. :(

sheridan said...

Awwwe =[
Thats so sad!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsey, I'm so sad for your friend and for you. It must be a terrible thing to loose a child. I'm glad she is going to be able to say good-bye. I know if you can't go to the funeral she will know your heart and prayers are with her. I will say a prayer for her little girl and for you, Payson and Paul.
God Bless your friend, Leyla, your classmates and your family.
I love you,
Dawn

Kristy said...

I can't help but cry as I read this blog! I am so very sorry for your friends loss and my heart goes out to her and her family. There is nothing like losing a baby, nothing in this world compares to it. I myself have had two miscarriages and I can't imagine losing a baby that you named, had a room for and were so close to holding in your arms. Right after my second loss Zach's cousin lost her baby girl at 36 weeks. I attended the funeral service and I have to say that it was the hardest and most selfless thing I have ever done. I went only days after losing my pregnancy just to be there for her and give what support I could. There is nothing like knowing you have people there for you. It just goes to show how precious life really is and how much of a miracle each and every baby is.