Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby Watch '09...

Just a quick update from the doctor today. I wasn't expecting a vaginal exam, but the doctor did one anyway because I am having contractions here and there. The baby is now at a "0" station, my cervix is 40% effaced and I am dialated to 1cm !!!! She also said he turned from a posterior position to an anterior position. This is a good thing because it allows the baby to more easily manuever through my pelvis as he is born. Payson changing positions is probably why I look much bigger in my last picture because his butt is sticking out. I knew last week he was in the wrong position so I have been sitting on an exercise ball to open my pelvis and using a rebozo (a mexican shawl used to assist a woman in labor) to get Payson to turn. I did it- yeah!
P.S. If you want to come and visit us after the baby is born you are welcome to stay with us starting July 1st. Check the "visitor schedule" to the right and let us know when you are coming. Sorry we can't double book guests.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I can't believe you can go into labor any day now...and I am halfway through my pregnancy! Time is going by so fast! :( I hope once the babies get here, the time doesnt go by quite so fast.

Unknown said...

OMG I am getting so excited. I am going to start saving to come visit. I'm going to start a jar that I will hide from Matt so he can't steal it!

Kristy said...

You are getting closer and closer with each day! You could be dialated to a 1 for days or even weeks or in a matter of hours go from 1-9! Woohoo for him switching positions!! I am getting sooo excited for you!