Wednesday, June 6, 2012

We Moved.....Again

I don't even know where to begin and I don't feel like forming paragraphs, so I will give you bullet points to make this easier on my mind. Here are highlights from our last week...

-We moved one week ago 
and things are going good so far.
-I made sure we got cable and internet 
as soon as we moved in.
-We don't get cell service out here 
and I really miss the sound my phone makes 
when I get a text message.
-Our new house only has three bedrooms, 
so we tried making the boys share a room 
and gave Irelyn her own.
-As of tonight, the boys have their own 
rooms again and Irelyn is in our room. 
So, obviously the boys sharing
 a room didn't go very well.
-We live 30 mins from town now. 
-There is a church right down the street 
and the boys love it when 
the bell in the steeple rings.
-I will be hand washing dishes for 
the next three months, because there is not a 
dishwasher in this house. Ugh!
-I love living in a one story house. 
Doing laundry is SO much easier.
-The cemetery behind our house 
doesn't bother me as much as I expected. 
As long as our house isn't haunted, I'm good.
-At night, you can here the river near by. 
-One of my new friends 
lives less than a minute from us.
-This is the first time we've had 
to share a bathroom with the kids. 
Having only one bathroom to keep clean is nice. 
-Paul's commute to work is 
actually shorter, which is really nice.
-12 more weeks of night shift and then, 
FINALLY, Paul will get to be on 
day shift for 6 weeks. It actually feels weird
 when he is home on his weekends, 
because I am so used to being alone at night.
-The concrete for the basement walls
 at our new house is finally done. 
As soon as is cures, they can begin framing.
-I am registering Payson for preschool
 that begins in October. We weren't sure
 if preschool was necessary before kindergarten, 
but it's only $75 a month, so we decided to send him.
-The dogs have a nice shady and grassy area outside.
-We've decided to put off Irelyn's first 
birthday party until after our house
 is done. I am beyond bummed.
-Beckett's is still limping a little bit, 
but the doctor said he should be 
fully healed in a couple more weeks.
-I guess that's it....

Our new house. Isn't the foil in the window beautiful?
Riding bikes. One of their favorite things to do.
Going for a walk through the cemetery.
I actually think cemeteries are quite beautiful.
The boys at the doctor. Payson got his 3 year check up
and physical for preschool. Beckett got a check up on his leg.
Paul checking out the forms for the basement walls.
In person, our basement looks huge.

No comments: