Friday, November 25, 2011

Our White Thanksgiving...

Let it snow! Tuesday night, around midnight, it started snowing here and I was SO EXCITED! The next morning Payson woke up around 7am. Usually if he wakes up that early, I tell him to go back to sleep or give him my iPod to play games so I can get a little more sleep, but not on Wednesday. I was so excited to see how much snow fell overnight. As soon as I looked out the window, I was wide awake and up for the day. To my delight, the was about 4-5 inches of snow everywhere and it was still coming down. 
It normally takes Paul about an hour to get home from work, but Wednesday morning it took him over two hours. He had to drive slowly and carefully because most of the roads had not yet been plowed. He got stuck twice, once going up a hill and then around the corner from our house. Once he got home, he had to shovel the driveway in case we needed to get out later.
On Thanksgiving, we stayed home all day and spent quality time as a family. Paul took the boys outside to play in the snow and build their very first snowman. We rearranged our living room, put up our Christmas tree and then ate our Thanksgiving dinner. 
Overall, it was a great holiday and we received around 8-10 inches of snow, but I am sad to report that our snowman has already melted. :(

The view out our front door Wednesday morning.
The boys checking out the snow.
Our van covered in snow.
Snow balls!!!
Payson and Beckett had so much fun eating the snow,
but didn't understand why it melted.
Daddy is finally home!!!
Paul shoveling the driveway,
just in case we needed to leave.
Our house. You can't even tell where the
circular driveway used to be.



I love how the snow clings to
the smallest twig or branch.

Beckett crawling around in the snow.



Paul helped the boys make their very first snow man!



Paul with his babies!


Irelyn had fun watching the
boys play in the snow.




Hey! Daddy threw a snowball on my head!
Paul teaching the boys how to make snow angels.

No comments: