Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween...

I was super excited for Halloween this year because Payson is finally old enough to "get it". I was lucky enough to find $5 costumes online for Payson and Beckett. I was NOT about to spend $20-30 per costume that they would only wear a couple of times. I don't even like spending more than $5 on shirts for the kids. I decided not to buy Irelyn a costume, instead I got her a onesie that said "Baby's First Halloween". 
This year the boys got to participate in three Halloween events...

Party #1: 
Our first event was a small party at playgroup. The boys wore their matching pumpkin shirts instead of their costumes. There we tons of people there so I was happy that Paul came with us to help with Irelyn. 

Payson standing in the middle of
everyone during circle time.


Eating his pumpkin shaped cheese.

Beckett eating one of the pumpkin
chocolate chip cookies that I
brought to share with everyone.

Beckett signing for more cookies while
Payson steals his cheese.

Party #2:
The second party we attended was with a playgroup that my neighbor recommended to me. It was kind of awkward for me because I had never met any of the people there, but all that mattered was that the boys had fun. It was extremely hard for me to meet and talk with the other moms there because Paul didn't come with us, but I did make a few new connections. 

Within 10 minutes of getting there, this little girl
decided to hold hand with Payson and drag
him around the room....he didn't put up a fight! 

I love the look he is giving me, like he
is embarrassed to hold hands.



Halloween Day:
We started off Halloween Day by carving pumpkins. Paul was sleeping, so I was the one busy carving and taking care of all three kids. While they seemed interested at first, they eventually got bored of waiting for the final product. 



I let Payson draw on his pumpkin "face". 





It looks just like him!


I asked Payson what shapes he wanted for the eyes and nose,
and whether he waned a happy or scary mouth.


My favorite picture of the day!!!




Our little Army Men.


Thank God for the wagon. Walking
would have been a nightmare.

Irelyn trying our her new snowsuit. 

Their first house...


Paul went with us to the first few houses
and then went home with Irelyn to pass out candy.

I don't know if the boys had more fun
trick-or-treating or passing out candy!



Bonus Pictures and House Update:
Breaking land for our house got delayed a few weeks and is now scheduled to start the week of Thanksgiving. This means the house won't be completed until the beginning of  April. All of our belongings, that were in storage, were delivered to us last Monday, so we are now all settled in to our house and the boys are thrilled to have their toys back. 
Thanks for the matching shirts, Grandma Sheri!


No comments: