Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hockey and More...

Big changes have been going on lately in the Wendorff household. Beckett is now in his big boy car seat, which he seems to like much better, and he is also now sitting in a highchair when we go to restaurants. He has become very interested in solids, so I've started giving him sweet potatoes and tiny bites of our food. We've also decided it was time to move Beckett into the same room as Payson and sleep train him by letting him cry it out a little. If I knew it was going to be this easy, I would have tried a few weeks ago. Last night was our first night and he had one three hour and one four hour stretch of sleep. Payson doesn't seem to mind at all when Beckett wakes up and cries. The hardest part for me is getting out of bed to go feed him. I've never had to do that with either baby because they both slept with us. It feels so weird to not have any babies in our room.
Big things have also been going on for Payson. I've been taking him every Friday to Kiddie Tyme at a local rec center and he loves it. As soon as we walk in, he is off playing. They set up a gymnasium full of toys, trikes and slides for children 3 and under to play with. While most kids seem to stay near to their mom, not Payson. He is so independent. He has also been learning new signs like crazy. His favorite sign right now is "please". Instead of yelling at me for something he wants, he signs "please" over and over again. No surprise to us, it is usually for food.
Next week, Paul is on vacation and we are very excited to take the boys on a short trip. We are thinking about going to Busch Gardens and touring the Williamsburg area. I look forward to sharing all of our vacation pictures on the blog when we get back.

*Sunday afternoon hockey game.
Beckett's first!*
*My three handsome boys.*
*Wendorff Family Picture.
Yes, I do exist.*
*Payson wearing his
Ohio State pajamas.*

*Funny picture of Beckett
hanging on to the
cart with his toes.*
*Beckett in his
big boy car seat.*
*Beckett hanging out in
Payson's old walker.*
*As you can see, Payson
has found a new way
to have fun with it.*

*Going for a ride.*

2 comments:

Sheridan said...

Sooooooo cute,Im so glad my awesome hockey sweater got handed down to beckett Hes so handsome =)
Loooove the pictures,now make me a niece so I can have another one =)

Meghan PS said...

Beckett's smirks make me want to pinch his little cheeks. So cute!