Saturday, March 10, 2012

Irelyn is 8 Months Old...

Our baby girl turned 8 months old today and I can't believe it! I am not exactly sure of her height and weight, but I do know that she is a little over 17lbs. She is still sleeping through the night and has decided to give up her third nap. She is nowhere near crawling and I am sure that is because she rarely gets a chance to be on the floor around her crazy brothers. She does love her walker though and has plenty of fun following us around the house. She has also decided that baby is not for her. After only one month on solids, she started refusing pureed baby food and wanting to eat everything we ate. She can already chew up small pieces of bagels, fruits, pastas, pizza, string cheese and chicken. Last week, she said "Mama" for the first time, which was quickly followed by "Dada" the next day. The bald spot on her head has finally filled in and her hair is barely long enough to put in a ponytail on top of her head. Overall, she is a very happy and easy going baby. 

Irelyn wearing her Minnie Mouse onesie
from Grandma Dawn.





Beckett came over to steal the treats I was
giving her to keep her happy. Lol.





Here are a couple pictures of Payson at 8 months. Other than weighing a couple of more pounds than Irelyn, they look so much alike. 


Other things going on...
-Our land is finally getting cleared. They should start digging the basement of our house next week. This means our house should be finished right around Irelyn's first birthday. I am probably going to have her party at the end of July so everyone can enjoy staying at the house.
-We have decided on names for the puppies. The black/white puppy will be named Luna and the red/white puppy will be named Phoenix. Less than three weeks until we bring them home!
-My days are crazier than ever. I really feel like I have twin boys because Beckett is doing everything Payson does. Monkey see, monkey do. I had to give them their first double time-out yesterday because they were actually working together to be bad. And so it begins....
-I am truly amazed how well Beckett is talking for his age. I know it is a second child thing, but I still can't believe how advanced he is compared to Payson at this age. 
-I see a pedicure in my future, because flip flop weather (50* degrees. Lol.) is just around the corner!!! 

No comments: