Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lake House & House Hunting...

Last time I blogged, we were staying at a hotel, spending our days getting to know the area, starting to house hunt and desperately looking forward to settling into the lake house, that would be our temporary home for two months. Well, a lot has changed since then. We are still getting to know the area and house hunting, but the lake house, that we were really looking forward to living in, isn't working out so well. With the lake on one side of the house and forest on the other, there are just too many bugs to deal with. They were everywhere in the house, so we sprayed, but that only helped for a few days. When I take the boys out on the deck, I have to knock tons of spider webs down with a broom, only to have the spiders build more webs overnight. The stairs inside the house are very slippery and steep, making it a chore to come and go from the house. The stove is electric, so I was burning everything I cooked. There are knick knacks everywhere, that the boys are more interested in than their toys. Nothing is baby proofed. Payson is waking up at the crack of dawn every morning because the shades in his room don't block enough light. The water we use to clean, eat and shower with comes from the lake and tastes funny to me. Anyway, I could go on and on..... So with all that said, we are moving out of the lake house in two weeks. We have no idea where we are moving to, but we do know that we are moving closer to Plattsburgh, which is where we eventually want to end up.
House hunting has been another issue. We've decided that the town of Morrisonville is the area we like best. It is only 10 minutes away from Plattsburgh, where all of our shopping and doctors are located. We have looked at the only 7 or 8 houses that are in our price range, fit our needs, in the neighborhood we liked and that overall appealed to us. So, we have decided that if we can't find a home we love.....we are going to design and build our dream home!!! Other than the fact that this prolongs our temporary living conditions and that our things will be in storage until our house is done, we are excited!!! We don't have a final design yet, but we know for sure that we want 4-5 bedrooms, at least 3 bathrooms, a basement, a big kitchen that is open to an eating area and huge family room, a 2-3 car garage, a mud/utility room, and at least 1 acre of land. 
As of tonight, Paul is on midnight shift. Something I'm not too excited about, only because I get scared being all alone at night with the kids, but he says that he gets paid more for working that shift, so I will give it a try. Plus, he will be home in the mornings to help the boys get up and home at night to help with dinner and bedtime routine. 
I guess that's all I have for now. In the next couple of weeks, we are going to concentrate on finding a builder and design we like, so our home will hopefully be finished by winter. 


*The lake house.*


*Playing a game on my iPod.*

*Check out the water level after all of the rain from Tropical Storm Irene. We used to be able to walk right our onto the dock.*


*I made Payson's day....*


*Every morning the boys smother 
Irelyn with hugs and kisses.*

*Smiling at Mommy.*

*Playing on the deck..* 


*This is how we roll in Target. Lol.*


*I'm so glad he loves his blankie.*

*I am so glad that I've continued to swaddle
Irelyn. She takes really good naps
and sleeps great at night for me.*



*Daddy showing the water to the boys.*

1 comment:

Meghan PS said...

Well, I am excited for you guys that you will get to build a great home...BUT I am NOT excited because that means you wont ever be moving back this way :( lol
I can't imagine the crazyness that you are dealing with right now, hope you get a temp house figured out soon!
Miss you guys tons!