Friday, May 27, 2011

Dear Payson...


I can't believe you are already two years old. I can perfectly remember when I realized that I was pregnant with you. I was so excited to take a pregnancy test and made your Daddy look at it with a flashlight to confirm what I was seeing. I can remember when we found out that you were a boy. We had two ultrasounds that day and I cried because I was so happy for your Daddy. I can remember when I felt you kick for the first time. I was driving in my car down to the Keys to visit my friends for the day. I can also perfectly remember when you were born into this world. As much as I didn't want a c-section, that is the way you were meant to arrive. You were so worth the wait.

You have changed my life in so many ways. There isn't anything I looked forward to more as a little girl than growing up to be a mommy and you made me a Mommy. I had a list of baby names at 10 years old. Little did I know then that 'Payson Thomas Wendorff' would be the name of my first child.

You are turning into the funniest and sweetest little boy. You love to love us. You are also so much like your Daddy. Not only do you look just like him, but you have his sense of humor too. You make me laugh, smile and get annoyed everyday....just like your Daddy. You have grown up and learned so much, just in the past few months, that I can't even imagine what the next year of your life will be like. I can't wait to hear what things will come out of your mouth yet.

Everything I do everyday is for you, Beckett and Irelyn. I might not be perfect and I might make mistakes as a mother, but I always have the best intentions. I want you to know that I love you and will always be there for you. Happy Birthday!

Love, Mommy

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Payson...












3 comments:

Ann said...

Awwww, love this letter. Happy 2nd birthday to Payson and happy 2nd year anniversary of the day you officially became a mommy. :) Can't believe how fast the time is going.

Sheridan said...

awe this is soooo cute.I love it and he will love it when hes older and appreciate it so much!

Meghan PS said...

It's hard to believe it's been 2 years and he used to be so little. They grow up so fast! Happy Birthday Payson!