Friday, October 23, 2009

Crazy For Bananas...

A couple of days ago I got Payson a teething feeder and he LOVES bananas. The first time we tried it out his face and clothes were covered in bananas and slobber. Now we have to get him naked before he eats his yummy treat. We also would like to announce that we have decided to have a home birth VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). We have found a midwife that we like very much and feel very comfortable and confident in. She has attended over 2000 births and has been a private midwife since 1992. She has also handled another situation similar to mine with a woman that had a c-section with her first baby and then got pregnant again right away. She is not worried about me rupturing at all during labor.
Today I had my first prenatal visit with her in our home. It was great to hear the baby's heartbeat and feel reassured that everything is going great. My next appointment is on December 4th, then we should find out the gender of the baby the week after that. Until then we will be figuring out what the name will be if it is a boy because we already have a girls name picked out.

3 comments:

Sheridan said...

Im glad you guys found a midwife that you like and I cant wait to hear if im going to have a new niece or nephew next.I have a question though,How does payson eat bananas with that thing? Looks weird haha

Sheridan said...

Okay,now I know what that little fruit holder thingamajig is,ashlyn has one and loves bananas too lol

Jen said...

COngrats on a midwife you feel comfortable with!