Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Fun & Father's Day...

We've been trying to keep busy and stay cool for the past couple of weeks. Now that our clubhouse pool is open, I've been taking the boys at least once a week. Thank goodness for the kiddie pool, because there is no way I could take both boys in a big pool by myself.
Two weekends ago, we took a spur of the moment trip to Baltimore to use our passes at the National Aquarium. The boys really enjoy seeing all of the fish and watching the dolphin show. Later that night, we went to a Baltimore Orioles baseball game and the boys didn't go to bed at the hotel until after 11pm. We are done taking weekend trips for sure because my body can barely handle grocery store trips.
Tomorrow I am 36 weeks along in my pregnancy, so last weekend Paul spent a lot of time turning our guest suite into my birthing room. He blew up my birth tub and set up a table with all of the birth supplies. He also rearranged the seats in the van and set up Irelyn's car seat base. I only have a couple of little things left to do, like freezing a batch of laborade, and then we will be ready for Irelyn's arrival. The memories of my pain during Beckett's labor have been coming back to me lately and making me nervous. I really hope that each labor is shorter than the one before, like I've heard. I know I can do it, because the moment she comes out will make all the pain and work worth it.
Moving update.... Unless Paul get another job offer, we will be leaving for New York on August 20th. We have a temporary, furnished house set up to live in and most of our belongings will be in storage until we decide on where to permanently live.
Here are pictures from the past few weeks...

*Payson at the kiddie pool.*

*Beckett cruising around the edge.*

*Payson and Hallie enjoying a snack.*

My friend, Brittany, hosted another one of her cute parties and this time the theme was bugs. Everyone made a bug inspired food for the kids to enjoy and then kids played in the water outside. So fun!

*I made spider cupcakes.*
*Payson eating his food.*

*Beckett after all of the water fun.*
*Beckett wearing his shirt
from Auntie Sheridan.*

My friend, Claire, is a doula and while she was at a birth I watched her son Karl (20 months). It was just a small taste of having 3 kids. I think Karl had fun, even though my boys are crazy compared to his quiet and calm personality. I really love Claire and I am looking forward to her attending Irelyn's birth.
*Having fun in the driveway with
Beckett and Karl.*



Last week, both boys had a unexplained fever for 1 day each. Not fun having two cranky babies.
*My pathetic boy...*
*The best part of sick kids....snuggling!*

Yesterday was Father's Day and I tried to plan a special day for Paul. We got him a card, shirt and carrot cake for being the best Daddy ever! I also had a trip planned on a charter boat along the Potomac River, but the captain's boat was having problems and we didn't want to wait around. We decided to take the tour next weekend, if the weather is nice.
*Paul and the boys(before the trip was cancelled).*
*Paul wearing his new shirt.*
So excited that I got a cute picture
of Payson and Beckett. I'm going to blow them up.


*Payson is such a rough kisser!*
*Ducks!*
*My birth tub ready to go.*
*Another car set cover that
I made for my sister in law, Ann.
She is due 6 weeks after me
with baby #2. Gender unknown.*
*Our new set up in the van
to make room for Irelyn's seat.*

1 comment:

Brittany Crane said...

Those pictures you got of the boys are adorable!! Seriously 8x10!