Saturday, May 12, 2012

Broken Leg & More...

Almost two weeks ago, our puppies' chain tripped Beckett and he broke his leg. I knew immediately that he was hurt and he wasn't just crying because they knocked him down. I brought all the kids inside as fast as I could and went upstairs to wake up Paul. Beckett did really well at the hospital, as long as no one was touching him or talking to him. As they were putting his splint on, he screamed over and over "take it off!". On our way home, I bought him McDonald's which he happily shared with his big brother. The orthopedic doctor made us wait over a week to bring him in, to make sure his swelling had gone down. This was very aggravating to me because I had no idea how I was going to keep him from trying to walk around in his splint. Luckily, for the first few days Beckett didn't try to move around at all. He happily sat on the couch and watched lots of cartoons while we waited on him. He finally got tired of being still and started to crawl around the house. Once he finally saw the doctor, we found out that a cast or another splint wasn't needed. The doctor said that kids his age heal very fast and when he was ready to put weight on it or walk, he would. He took a few steps yesterday and has been walking around a little bit today, so it seems like he is healing just fine.
I knew one day we would eventually end up in the emergency room with a serious injury, but I figured it would be from playing hockey....anyways, now we wait to see who will get hurt next.

Waiting for x-ray results at the hospital.
Feeling good after some ibuprofen. 
Snuggling with Daddy after we got home.
Finally, starting to crawl around.
Irelyn and Beckett swinging
together at the playground. 

Beckett pushed Irelyn up to the train table
so they could play together.
Snuggling in Mommy's bed in the morning.
Our day outside. 

Many of you know that our current landlord isn't treating us very well so we have to find a new place to rent until our house is built. This has really turned our life upside down and has put a lot of stress on us. The thought of moving my babies from their comfortable home makes me very sad. With that said, I have faith the we will find something and that everything will work out for us. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I am also a firm believer in karma, so I can only imagine what will come back around to our landlord.

Out to dinner, to take our minds off of the stress.



No comments: