Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Weather...

We are so happy the weather is starting to warm up. Not that we dislike the cold and snow, but it's time for a change. Yesterday, I took the boys to Fantasy Park about 10 minutes away from our house. I have never been there before, only heard about it, so I had no clue what I was in for. The ground is covered in little pebbles, which is harder to walk in than sand. I usually push Beckett around in something while I let Payson play at a park, but because of the pebbles, I had to hold Beckett the whole time. Once Payson finally got up into the structure of the playground, it was hard keeping track of him to make sure the older kids didn't push him or anything like that. So, I had to climb up in it too. Trust me, I got a work out. This place is definitely a two parent necessity. Next time, we will go with Daddy. Later that afternoon, I took the boys out in the wagon to wait for Daddy to drive up. Payson loves to say HI to everyone walking by and look for dogs getting walked. I love seeing the look on the boys' faces when Paul finally gets home and Paul loves having the surprise of us waiting for him outside.

*Fantasy Park*
*Beckett LOVES the swings!*
*His new thing...*


*Payson HATING the swings.*
*Climbing around.*
*Tunnel time.*

*So handsome...*
*Kisses from Daddy
when he got home.*
*Love him...*
*Saying HI to a cat
in the window.*
*Kisses.*
*Payson giving Beckett
a drink of juice.*
*Our Boys...*

On Saturday, we let Payson pick out big boy underwear at the store. He chose Thomas the Train. Not much success yet, but we aren't being pushy about potty training. I hope by the time Irelyn arrives he will be out of diapers. His vocabulary is still expanding like crazy lately, especially since I limited pacifier use to nap and bed time. He is putting 2-3 words together and saying things we don't expect. He now knows 8 colors and a few shapes. Plus, the other day he randomly counted from 3 to 7 all on his own, but for some reason he never says the number 1. If you give him two pretzels, for example, he will ask for three and if you give him three, he will ask for four. His new wake up time is now 7am which has been hard getting used to, to say the least. Finally, he is the friendliest kid I know. He says HI and BYE-BYE to everyone at every place we go. I think we'll keep him!

*So excited to wear underwear,
he found his potty book.*
*Eating pizza with Daddy.
They are so much alike.*

Beckett is still our lean little man, but he is starting to chunk up a bit. He LOVES to eat. I can't remember the last time I gave him baby food. He is now crawling and cruising everywhere. Last week, he was going through a very needy faze and wanted me to hold him constantly, but this week he has been a lot better. He loves bath time and squeals with delight as we go up the stairs because he knows what's coming. He is still sleeping and napping great, which makes me a happy Mommy. Opposite of Payson, Beckett is shy around other people. If someone says HI to him, he has started laying his head on me and smiling. It is so cute! I think we'll keep him too!

*Happy boy.*
*Happy naked boy!*




Now that Beckett is getting a little older, his relationship with Payson is really developing. It is so neat to watch them interact. Beckett looks up to and wants to copy everything Payson does. Payson loves his baby brother and seems somewhat protective of him. But like any siblings, they are already starting to fight and scream at each other, usually over toys. I am so glad that our boys are so close in age so they have each other when Irelyn arrives.

*I love the look on
Payson's face. Even he
knows Beckett is
doing something wrong.*
*Matching jackets from
Auntie Sheridan.*
*Out shopping.*
And finally....... Last Saturday, Paul and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary and 7 years as a couple. We trade off on who plans how we celebrate each anniversary and this year was Paul's turn. He made an amazing home cooked meal that tasted awesome. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures I posted..

*Seafood Mac & Cheese*
*Blue Cheese Pear Salad.*
*Grilled Lobster.*
*A short video of Beckett swinging...*

1 comment:

Sheridan said...

I loooove all the pics.They are so cute and I cant wait to see them soon =)