Monday, April 26, 2010

Beckett's Birth...

After 17 hours of labor, Beckett Edward is finally here. I don't have time to tell my entire birth story now, but I will give a few details. I went into labor on Wednesday at 3:30pm, and my midwives arrived around 10:30pm. I was able to labor in the water for a few hours but spent the remainder of my labor on the bed. Moving around while contracting was too painful because Beckett descended very early, giving me the urge to push when I was dilated only 2cm. Luckily, I labored all night long while Payson slept, and Beckett was born at 8:35 Thursday morning just after Payson ate breakfast. Watching Payson meet his little brother was magical. I could not have reached my dream of a home birth VBAC without Paul and my midwives. Below are a few pictures from his birth. Click on the following link to see all of the pictures:

*Laboring in the pool with my midwife, Kim.*

*Paul holding Beckett for the first time.*

*Payson meeting Beckett.*

*Giving Beckett kisses.*
*Mommy telling Payson to be "gentle".*
*I look like crap, but oh well....*

*My midwife, Peggy, giving Beckett his exam.*



4 comments:

Meghan PS said...

oh my gosh so cute! I slept where Beckett was born! lol I'm so glad everything went well. :)

Paul and Julie said...

Lindsey! I love the pictures! I love birth stories..especially natural ones because they are just so complete and amazing. Way to go! I loved the pictures of Payson meeting Beckett!..super cute! Enjoy your two boys!

Ann said...

I'm so proud of you both and thank God you and Beckett are healthy and safe. I'm so happy you were able to have the natural homebirth you wanted. It's very hard, but worth the sacrifice. Love you all. Praying for a quick recovery. It took me about 4 weeks to feel completely normal again.

granmasheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.